Time-Sensitive Networking Evaluation Kit
Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN) allows to merge OT and IT worlds and guarantees the interoperability and standardization of all the devices in a deterministic Ethernet network.
This technology offers a significant cost reduction in equipment investment, maintenance, seamless integration of advanced analysis services and a reduction of dependence on a single vendor. All these advantages make Time-Sensitive Networking the reference technology in the Ethernet networks of the future.
In order to allow an effective approach to TSN for system integrators, RELYUM has launched the first TSN kit based on end products, that allows to evaluate:
- The importance of a common sense of time based on IEEE 802.1AS synchronization.
- The deterministic delivery of real-time traffic thanks to the Time Aware Shaper.
- The benefit of bandwidth distribution and reservation between traffic classes through a Credit Based Shaper.
RELY-TSN-KIT includes the following components used for evaluating TSN technology:
Being the first out-of-the-box solution for TSN, it allows seamless implementation of deterministic Ethernet networks and abstracts user equipment and applications from its technical complexities.
It is compatible with any IPC and any O.S. in the market. Thus, it can be used to take benefit from TSN technology in any real scenario.
This device combines in a single equipment TSN Endpoint and TSN Bridge functionalities offering 2 external fiber or copper tri-speed Ethernet ports.
As an Endpoint, it provides TSN capabilities in the device where it is hosted, enabling a seamless integration in a deterministic and time aware network.
The TSN standards supported by the device are:
- Centralized Network Configuration – IEEE 802.1Qcc
- Time Aware Shaper (TAS) – IEEE 802.1Qbv
- Credit Based Shaper (CBS) – IEEE 802.1Qav
- IEEE 802.1AS Synchronization
TSN Evaluation board
The RELY-TSN Evaluation board is a key element containing the following parts:
- TSN Talker: transmits two video streams to the TSN network.
- TSN Demo webservice: provides a friendly GUI interface for:
- Configuring TSN parameters in the RELY-TSN-PCIe card and in the Evaluation board itself.
- Launching the different test contained in the demo.
Creates congestion scenarios for TSN features testing.
ISO Image for host PC
The RELY-TSN-KIT includes an ISO image containing a full operating system with the required dependencies for running the TSN demo in the host PC where the PCIe card has been installed.
The ISO image provides a video player and graphical tools for evaluating TSN advantages, with no need of any specific configuration in the PC.